Fall is officially here in Katy TX! One of the great highlights of the fall season is pumpkins. Now is a great time to visit a pumpkin patch, pick out the perfect pumpkin, decorate your house with pumpkins, cook and bake with pumpkin, and carve or paint pumpkins come Halloween. As your Katy real estate agent, allow me to fill you in on the best pumpkin patches in the Katy area!
1. This weekend, Sept. 26-27, is opening weekend at Dewberry Farm! Half price tickets are available. Advance reservations are required this year. You can go pick your pumpkin from the fields, or right in the Pumpkin Barn. They come in several varieties, colors and sizes. Families can also enjoy lots of delicious treats, farm animals, a corn maze, spooky night strolls and so much more.
2. Blessington Farms is open every Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Opening weekend was this past weekend. They’ve got tons of pumpkins to choose from, along with lots of fun activities, such as gem mining, hay rides, jump pad and more. New this year is a fall farmers market!
3. The Pumpkin Patch at FCC Katy is open every day of October. This is a simple and fast way for families to pick out pumpkins in Katy. The pumpkins are all laid out and you can go through them and pick your favorite one! Be sure to take pictures too, they make great memories.
4. St. Peter’s Pumpkin Patch takes place Oct. 7-31 or until all pumpkins have been sold. Hours are 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily. Similar to FCC, you can head out to the lawn in front of St. Peter’s and take pictures and choose your pumpkins. Proceeds benefit their high school mission trip.
5. The annual Scarecrow Festival & Pumpkin Patch returns to Texas Oil Ranch this October, open seven days a week all month long. Enjoy viewing and taking photos with more than 85 scarecrows, take a hayride or find your way through a hay bale maze, and pick out your favorite pumpkin!
6. Old Time Christmas Tree Farm’s pumpkin patch opens Oct. 2. Pick out your favorite pumpkins, enjoy fun fall activities, and eat some BBQ, shaved ice or funnel cakes. Activities include a big bouncy for kids, a petting zoo, train rides, tractor rides and more. Tickets sold separately for each activity.
Enjoy choosing your pumpkins and partaking in fall activities this season in and near Katy TX! Check with the business before you go to see if they have any special rules put in place this year. If looking for apple picking, another great fall activity, use this guide to find U-Pick locations.
When ready to achieve your Katy real estate goals this fall, whether buying, selling or both, contact me, your Katy real estate agent! The market is still hot this fall, with low mortgage rates for buyers, and high home prices and fast sales for sellers. Give me a call with any questions you may have, or to get started with the process!
Mickie Cioccia | Broker Associate